Summer Internships 2015

Sun-soaked postcards from Bryn Mawr students

A Postcard From: Yilun Tang ’17

photo_may_03_1_04_54_pmName: Yilun Tang

Internship Placement: Mid-Atlantic – Eurasia Business Council. I will be working on the Annual Eurasian/Russian-American Innovation Technology Weeks (RANIT) in June.

What’s happening? We’d love to hear how your internship is going!

This summer I am interning with Mid-Atlantic Eurasian Business Council located in Philadelphia, PA. MARBC is a nonprofit organization in the Mid-Atlantic region that works to foster business relations between Eurasia/Russia and the U.S. Mid-Atlantic region. This organization brings Russian technology companies to partner with investing agencies and business development from the USA.

Untitled1

As an intern, I worked on Annual Eurasian/Russian-American Innovation Technology Weeks (RANIT) in June and Days of Eurasian-American Innovation Entrepreneurship Cooperation (RAVC 2015) in October. My work involves a lot of event planning and project-specific outreach to external partners, technology companies, and venture capitalists.

I think this internship is a good combination of technology and international business. I had a lot of fun with other interns and the opportunity to get involved in International BIO Convention was simply amazing! There were companies from different parts of the world, such as pharmacy research companies from Japan, Germany, and Hong Kong.

I live on campus so I take Septa to commute between Philly and Bryn Mawr. I have irregular working hours because my supervisor always talks to Russian delegations during the night with the time difference. So sometimes we will have meetings over weekend and evenings. I am super familiar with public transportation now and I enjoy what the city can offer.

Untitled2