Summer Internships 2015

Sun-soaked postcards from Bryn Mawr students

A Postcard From: Ashlee Williams ’16

Name: Ashlee Williams

Internship Placement: Milkboy the Studio. The work I hope to be doing consists of setting up and breaking down sessions, learning audio engineer techniques, and becoming familiar with the Protools software.

What’s happening? We’d love to hear how your internship is going!

My internship is with a recording studio in Philadelphia, PA. Milkboy the Studio is a prestigious studio bringing in a diverse group of clientele. Working in the city has allowed me to become well acquainted with the public transportation system. Before working in the city I was against public transportation, but now I rely on it to take me literally everywhere I need to go. Interning at Milkboy requires a tremendous amount of hard work. Essentially I am starting at the bottom of the totem pole, and gradually working my way up. I am slowly earning the trust of the producers, engineers, and management of the studio. I have sat in numerous sessions, which usually include a live session or involve some sort of tracking. I have had the opportunity to record vocals for a client, break down and set up sessions, as well as learn a bit about the software used, Protools, in the studio. I am enjoying my time in the city and I love the feeling of accomplishment when I bike home from a long night at the studio.